You’ve probably heard of Younique’s Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lash Mascara on Facebook or another social media. There’s a lot of hype about the length this product will add to your natural lashes. Youniqueproducts.com says this mascara will add 3x the wow factor. I was intrigued from the beginning and had to try it!
My natural lashes are pretty long on their own so I wasn’t sure if a fiber mascara would be worth the money. Luckily, my Aunt Kimmy gave me the mascara as a gift! Pictured below is my everyday mascara Urban Decay Perversion. I love it but you can see it doesn’t add nearly the length as 3D Fiber Lashes.
Here’s what I like most about 3D Fiber Lashes:
- The length! It is definitely a noticeable difference.
- How natural it feels. It doesn’t make your lashes brittle and stiff.
- It’s easy to apply. It will take you a few minutes longer than your normal mascara, but long lashes are worth it!
- They last throughout the day! A common complaint with fiber mascaras is the fall out. These stay in place!
- After a few days of use, I can tell a difference in my lashes! They feel healthier and longer.
- It’s super easy to remove. Your normal makeup remover will take it off easily.
Here’s what comes with the Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes: one tube of Transplanting Gel, one tube of 3D Fibers and a convenient carrying case to keep the two together.
Now, here are my step by step instructions for 3D Fiber Lashes:
To begin, many people apply a thin coat of their favorite mascara. I prefer to go straight to the transplanting gel. I like it because it feels more natural. I’ve also noticed my lashes feel healthier and longer over time from not using a mascara with it. Try it both ways and see what you think!
1. First, apply the Transplanting Gel from root to tip. You’ll notice it isn’t thick like a mascara. Make sure you use enough Transplanting Gel so the fibers will have something to stick to! It may not look like much at this point, but keep going!
2.Apply the 3D Natural Fibers to your lashes. If you’re looking to add volume to your lashes, apply the fibers from root to tip. If you want to focus on just length, do one quick sweep from root to tip. Then you will want to focus on the tips of your lashes and building up there. Below is my lashes after one coat of 3D Fibers.
3. Add another coat of Transplanting Gel. This is when you’ll start to see the length being added. To avoid clumping, make sure there isn’t an excess of the Transplanting Gel on your mascara wand. You can always add another coat. Slow and steady wins the race for longest lashes. You can stop at this step if you’re happy with the length!
4. To add even more length (are they ever long enough?), apply another layer of 3D Natural Fibers to your lashes. By this point, my lashes are pretty long so I use the fibers only along the outer corner of my eye. Otherwise, my eyelashes end up nearly touching my eyebrow and leaving black marks on my eyelid where it does touch. Again, focus mostly on the tips of your lashes to avoid making everything look clumpy.
5. Finish it off with one last coat of Transplanting Gel to seal those fibers in. You can repeat the steps as many times as you want to get the length you want. I typically stick to two coats.
The 3D Fiber Lash Mascara is so much fun to add to your makeup drawer. I don’t wear it everyday because it does take longer than an average mascara (and it’s already hard enough to get out of bed in time to look decent for class), but I always pull it out for special occasions, nights out and on game-days!
I love my normal mascara, but it doesn’t even compare to the length and glamour 3D Fiber Lashes add!
If you’re interested in buying Younique’s 3D Fiber Lash Mascara, follow the link below to puchase from my online party! You’re going to love it!